We offer a comprehensive careers development and guidance service, a careers education programme and a wide range of career and study information, both hard copy and easily accessed online.
Our aim is to support and encourage all students, so they can successfully transition through the St. Constantine International School, make well-informed career and tertiary study plans and progress to build and manage successful, fulfilling careers.
University and Careers advisor provide advice together with the Head of Secondary, as students prepare their applications for Higher Education.
AFRICA and ASIA
There are many good universities in Africa and Australasia that have been popular with St. Constantine International students, especially in South Africa and East Africa. University fees in these regions are generally lower than many universities in Europe or USA. Students from International schools tend to have no problems in joining these universities because Cambridge A-level qualifications are recognised in all these countries.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
Most US colleges and universities require applicants to take one or more standardised admissions tests to enter their programmes. St. Constantine International supports students’ preparation for SAT admissions. As well as the SAT score, A-level examinations results are considered and there is often an emphasis on a student’s involvement in co-curriculum activities including evidence of leadership and responsibility. Practice for SATs starts in Term 2 or Year 12, with the actual assessments taking place in Term 3 of Year 12 and Term 1 of Year 13.
UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN (UK/GB)
Applications for entry to British universities use the online UCAS system, with the following factors taken into account: AS examination results, predicted A2 results, personal statement written by student, reference written by the school. Co-curriculum involvement can also be important. The deadline for most applications is mid-January for courses starting in September. However, for applications for Oxford or Cambridge, or for medicine, veterinary medicine, and dentistry the deadline is mid-October.
DESTINATION OF LEAVERS
Leavers from St. Constantine International have gone on to study at various institutions, with more than 80% of our Year 13 students securing their places at universities around East Africa, Middle East, China, South Africa, UK, USA, Canada and other destinations. Some destinations are listed below (not exhaustive):
- UNITED KINGDOM: University College London, King’s College London, University of Reading, University of Stirling, Coventry University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, Aston University, University of Portsmouth, University of Glasgow, University of Leicester, University of Essex, University of Manchester.
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: Rutgers University New Jersey, University of Florida, California State University
- CANADA: University of British Columbia, University of Manitoba
- TANZANIA: University of Dodoma, Kilimanjaro Christina Medical College, University of Iringa, Dar es Salaam University
- SOUTH AFRICA: University of Cape Town, Monash University of SA, Rhodes University, University of KwaZulu-Natal
- KENYA: US International University, Strathmore University, Daystar University,
- Kenyatta University
- AUSTRALIA: University of NSW, Curtin University
- Around the world: NETHERLANDS/HOLLAND, RUSSIA, INDIA and more.
The decisions made by our A-level students play a very significant role in their future. We make every effort to provide the best career support, guidance and advice possible. Through our network of universities and placement agencies around Tanzania and the world, we are able to provide guidance and important information on universities and colleges for students wishing to progress to higher education.
Not all students will want to go to higher education, but we believe that A-level studies will equip our students for the next stage of their lives – whatever that may be.
Students get the necessary information to make decisions about what is right for them. Full support is given throughout the application process including UCAS applications, personal statements and, through our cordial relationship with the British Council, special sessions are organised for IELT examinations for our students.
Many of our alumni have gone on to build rewarding careers in business, hospitality, health, engineering and legal practice among many other careers.